Month in Review is a monthly recap where I review my bookish and not so bookish happenings in the past 30 days. This month I’m bundling in some stats and wrap up info from 2014 in its entirety as well!
Books I Read This Month
Linger (3 Stars)
Let it Snow (2 Stars)
The Truth About Alice (4 Stars)
Forever (3 Stars)
Belzhar (2.5 Stars)
My True Love Gave to Me (5 Stars)
The Selection Stories (3 Stars)
Total Books Read: 7
Rereads: 2 (Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater)
Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge Progress: 67/50 Books (Yay! Goal reached for the year!)
Favorite Book Read in December: My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
Least Favorite Book Read in December: Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer. NOT what I was expecting, and NOT enough Sylvia Plath.
Book that Most Surprised Me in December: The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu. A really powerful read! It addressed a lot of social issues with slut shaming and bullying.
Most Popular Posts This Month
Favorite Quote This Month
“Mutual, respectful, enduring love is completely attainable as long as you swear you won’t settle for less”- Maggie Stiefvater
2014 Round Up:
Total Books Read: 65 (67 if you include 2 rereads I couldn’t mark as 2014 on Goodreads because they were used for previous years’ reading challenges…)
Total Rereads: 9
Total Pages Read: 25,225
5 Star Reviews: 13
4 Star Reviews: 23
3 Star Reviews: 23
2 Star Reviews: 5
1 Star Reviews: 1
Total Posts on Blog: 174
Total Views: 7,749
This year has been so successful and for that I’m so grateful to everyone who’s taken the time to read and follow my blog! I started this blog as an official book blog in February of 2014 and the amount of support I’ve encountered in the past 11 months is incredible!
Updates About My Life This Month
December was an absolute whirlwind! I spent the holidays driving up and down the state, visiting my dad’s side of the family on Christmas Eve, my mom’s side on Christmas day, and my boyfriend’s family on New Year’s!
- I got to take a mini-vacation for New Year’s and visit my boyfriend and we had a low key evening making a home cooked dinner and seeing Big Eyes in the theater (which was so good! I love Amy Adams and Tim Burton did a good job directing!
- I also say Mockingjay Part 1 in theaters (SO good, I LOVE “The Hanging Tree Song”) and Into the Woods (which I was less than impressed with…I was so excited because ANNA KENDRICK and MERYL STREEP and EMILY BLUNT…but once the vengeful giant showed up I was sort of over it)
- I tried (and loved) liquid nitrogen ice cream this season! So good, and you get to choose everything from the base (custard ice cream is the best) to all of the mix ins and they make it fresh and freeze it right in front of you!
- I caved and became a Barnes & Noble member…I couldn’t resist 10% off and free shipping!
- I surpassed 300 followers, which was the goal I had set for myself at the beginning of the year. I cannot thank you enough to everyone who reads and follows!
- I won a signed copy of Blue Lily, Lily Blue from Joey over at Thoughts and Afterthoughts for his blog anniversary giveaway!
- The holiday season is always really crazy for me because Christmas, New Year’s, and my birthday are all within two weeks of each other! My birthday is this upcoming week and I’m trying to plan how to celebrate, but it’s always hard since everyone is exhausted after Christmas! I hope everyone had a great December and holiday season! Let me know what you were up to last month in the comments!