Top Ten Tuesday is, as always, hosted by the fantastic blog the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is top ten cover trends you like or dislike!
Book Trends I Love
1) Black and White with one focus color
Jennifer E. Smith’s novels usually are like this!
2) Interesting Typography
I couldn’t stop looking at the cover of this book while I was reading it! I wish the symbols had been explained.
3) Covers featuring silhouettes
The UK always seems to get these pretty silhouette covers!
4) Covers Featuring the Dusk/ Night Sky
5) Fairytale Inspired Covers
6) Inverted Colors in Covers
Am I the only one who was super tempted to re-purchase all of my Twilight books to get the special edition white colors??
7) When each cover in a series has a specific color
It really makes my OCD with color coordination happy, as I can always associate a certain book with a certain color.
8) Beautiful yet eerie covers
I didn’t even like the Fallen series by Lauren Kate but I cannot deny how gorgeous the covers are. So eerie yet so so pretty without giving away exactly what the character is supposed to look like!
Book Trends I Can’t Stand
9) Covers that show faces!
I hate when my mental perception of what a character looks like is damaged by a model on the front cover! It stunts my imagination!
10) Covers dominated by text with little or no images.
Do you agree with any of my cover choices, or do my preferences drive you crazy?? Let me know in the comments and link back to your TTT post!