Sunday Funday is generally a weekly(ish) post I started to recap my bookish and not-so-bookish thoughts. I’ve decided to expand this concept to monthly recaps during the last week of the month as well! As always, feel free to participate, just link back!
This month my recap post is up a day later than normal, due to a wonderful holiday weekend spent with friends and family!
Total Books Read: 10
Goodreads 2014 Reading Challenge Progress: 44/50 Books
(Click the links to see my reviews!)
The Evolution of Mara Dyer
Favorite Book Read in August: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
I loved the creative retelling of Beauty and the Beast along with all of the Greek mythology and fantasy setting. It was a really strong stand alone fantasy novel and it completely sucked me in with its vivid world building!
Least Favorite Book Read in August: Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
The cover was beautiful and the premise was eerie, but the sub-par execution of the mystery and uninspired plot twist left me wanting more.
Book that Most Surprised Me in August: Trouble by Non Pratt
It was a really excellent, gritty contemporary about teenagers struggling to find themselves, and managed to prevent the controversial topic from domination the entire tone of the narrative.
1) Top Ten Books I Really Want to Read But Don’t Own Yet
3) 55 Bookish Questions: Get to know a little bit about me!
“Do not accept an evil you can change” –We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
1) August was a busy month with finishing up my summer job, going to Disneyland, and participating in my very first read-a-thon, Bout of Books 11! It definitely made for a good reading month!
2) I saw a lot of good movies this month, including Saving Mr. Banks, When the Game Stands Tall, and If I Stay. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to read the book If I Stay before seeing the movie, and while I enjoyed it, it ended much more abruptly than I understand the book did.
3) All of my reads this month were 3 stars or higher, with no DNFs and no huge disappointments, hooray!
How did your month in reading go? Let me know in the comments! Did you do a monthly or weekly recap? Leave the link for me to check out!
Leave a Reply