As usual, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic was Top Ten Books From Your Childhood/Teen Years You’d like to revisit. I decided to split my list in half between favorite childhood picture books and middle grade books!
1) Madeline– My absolute favorite childhood book, Madeline was my childhood role model. When I was eight I even got to “meet” Madeline at a Nordstrom Madeline brunch, and I had a lifesize Madeline doll!
2) Chicka Chicka Boom Boom– A close runner up for my favorite childhood book, my copy is so old and battered and I compulsively have to pick it up when I come across it. I also can’t read it without reading out loud. It’s so catchy!
3) Franklin– I loved the Franklin series! I had a lot of his picture books with the little read-a-long cassette tapes.
4) Jesse Bear- These books were gifted to me by my aunt and some of the first books I read when first learning how to read!
5) The Ramona Quimby series– I LOVED Beverly Cleary. She was my favorite childhood author.
6) The Baby Sitter’s Club series– I was OBSESSED. I still have all of my BSC books and I especially loved all of the mysteries and super specials! (My favorites were Dawn and Stacey).
7) Amelia’s Notebooks– These were so fun to read! I still own most of them!
8) Bloomability– I love all of Sharon Creech’s books, and this is my favorite next to Walk Two Moons. I loved that this one explored Europe!
9) The Westing Game- I love love love this middle grade mystery. It’s like a game of Clue.
10) The Nancy Drew series– If you’ve been following my blog for a while you know I’m a huge Nancy Drew fan! Nancy is sassy and progressive for her time, and her mysteries were always intriguing. You can read more about my love for all things Nancy Drew here.
What books made your list this week?