Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly feature hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is Top Ten Characters Who___ (fill in the blank)! I’ve found myself reading a lot of books lately with really fantastic side-kick type characters, so I decided to go with Top Ten Characters I’d Love to Have as a Best Friend!
1) Harry Potter from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince– Because who wouldn’t want Harry Potter as their BFF?
2) Zuze from Daughter of Smoke and Bone/Days of Blood and Starlight– Zuze is one of the most fun characters to read, and I may identify with her a bit (being little and sassy!) and it’s nice to see a human friend in a paranormal fiction book that’s not an annoying drag, but who really takes all of the supernatural-craziness in stride.
3) Raegan from Fangirl– Raegan is one of my favorite characters I’ve read so far in 2014. She’s unfiltered, unabashed, and just a little bit scary, and no doubt she’d be fiercely loyal and brutally honest. And we’ve all definitely played the people-watching cafeteria game in college.
4) Iko from Cinder– Iko is one of my favorite parts about the Lunar Chronicles, as she provides some of the most offbeat humor (often in an unintentional way) and she is so unapologetic about being a fangirl. I also love how she appreciates human emotions so much because she’s had to learn them against her programming. Iko also has no qualms about bending the rules for her best friends and can always be counted on to be supportive.
5) Gale from The Hunger Games- Unpopular Opinion: I’ve always disliked Peeta. Gale, on the other hand, I love. He’s loyal, dependable, and motivated to stand up for issues he believes in, and he seems like he’d be really easy to talk to. I’ve always just wanted to shake Katniss and say what are you thinking??
6) Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl– Disclaimer: I was once completely and totally obsessed with all things Blair related as I found her to be a kindred, misunderstood and under appreciated character in my high school days. I too went through a headband phase. We also share the same favorite color and our rooms may or may not be painted said color, so….moving right along…
7) Amy from Texas Gothic– I want a witchy best friend who could teach me kitchen magic and who I could indulge in all of my supernatural curiosities with. Plus the Goodnights seem like they’d be so welcoming and have no qualms about demonstrating their magic to those of us mere mortals.
8) Finn from The Impossible Knife of Memory- I would write crazy stories for his school newspaper any day. It’d be awesome to have a friend with a limitless imagination and appreciation for wild speculation.
9) Jem from The Infernal Devices- Has there ever been a character as sweet, caring, and compassionate as Jem? It was so hard to watch him suffer in the series, as he put his relationships with others as always being a top priority, and was always the most respectful listener one could ask for.
10) Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries– Really any of Meg Cabot’s protagonists would be the ultimate down to earth, sarcastic, pop-culture-quoting, unfiltered best friend. Bonus points if it’s actually Anne Hathaway.
Link back to your Top Ten Post and I’ll be sure to stop by and check it out! I’d love to see your character lists!
Brilliant choices! 🙂 I would love to have Reagan as a best friend, I really liked her too. I think Blair Waldorf is brilliant too.
I’m glad you like it! I’m also glad to share a love of Gossip Girl with someone- sometimes I feel as though I’m dating myself referencing all of my favorite reads/characters from the early 2000’s!
Clearly Blair trumps all. 🙂
^ I cannot agree with your comment enough.
Whoa! Someone who didn’t pick Cath for Fangirl! That is a first. haha. But I agree, Raegan is amazeballs. And Iko! I love love love her! I want an awesome robot friend!
Here is my list this week if you’d like to see what I picked 🙂
Must Love Books
Thanks for stopping by! I felt I was too similar to Cath so we’d clash- I’d need Raegan to push me out of my comfort zone too! Ha!
I agree with 1 through 4 and Jem! Great list! =)
Also, just finished Fangirl and would love to be best friends with Reagan – would love to know more about her as well! I think being part of Reagan/Cath’s breakfast table would be awesome!
Great list! Don’t hate me, but I haven’t read Fangirl! It has been on my TBR pile for a while; I really need to get it soon.
Here’s my TTT! I did my top ten book boyfriends!
No worries, I just finally read Fangirl myself a few weeks ago! I really need to get around to Eleanor&Park next!
I haven’t read either. I feel like I’d really love them, so I am moving them up in my wishlist. 🙂
I love your topic! And I agree with you about Iko in Cinder (and all the Lunar books), it would be awesome to have her as a bestie. 🙂
Iko is one of my favorite parts of the series now!