As usual, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and The Bookish. This last week of 2015 is all about reflecting, so below are some goals I’m hoping to implement in my reading and blogging life for 2015!
1) Read 70 books! This will be the highest reading challenge I’ve set for myself yet, but since I finished 67 this year (when my goal was 50) I’m confident I can do it!
2) Establish relationships with publishers. As this was my first year blogging, I was focused more on building my blog, integrating myself into the reading community, and figuring out my reviewing and posting style. This next year I’d love to develop relationships with publishers as I’m seriously committed to continue blogging and I’d love to be considered for more ARCs!
3) Attend a YA book festival. Not the easiest to do since I don’t live on the East Coast where a lot of the events are, but I’m determined to find my way to one!
4) Thoroughly organize my Goodreads shelves. I’ve been good at keeping up with my reviews, but I need to sort my books into more specific shelves based on taste/themes/genre/etc
5) Catch up on at least half of the books I own and haven’t read yet. Last time I checked this situation wasn’t too dire (under 30) but with my recent holiday additions and buying more books due to blogging, I really need to read more that I already own!
6) Keep reading classics/books out of my comfort zone even though I’m not in school anymore. As an English major I was exposed to such a wide range of books (some I loved and some I didn’t) but I want to keep reading at least a few books every year that I might not normally pick up, because that’s how I discover great new things!
7) Post at least 3-4 times a week. I was able to do this pretty well this year, and I’d like to keep up the momentum!
8) Post more on Twitter.
9) Balance new releases with older reads. There are so many good YA books published long before I started blogging that I’d love to read or reread and write my thoughts on!
10) Reformat old posts. I’ve gone through a lot of cosmetic changes on my blog until settling on this one toward the end of the year, which is clean and features my favorite color! I need to streamline older posts to match my tweaked and improved posting styles.
Have you set any bookish/blogging goals for 2015? Let me know in the comments, and good luck on tackling and achieving them!