As usual, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Characters You Want To Check in With.”
1) Teddy Lupin from Harry Potter– I know wanting to check in with the second generation of Harry Potter characters will probably be on everyone’s list today, but I couldn’t help myself! I loved the parallelism between Harry and Teddy’s characters and would love to see what he (and all of his various cousins since, you know, everyone’s related now) is up to now!
2) Mia Thermopolis from The Princess Diaries– My favorite YA protagonist of all time, I’m so lucky that my dreams of following Mia further are coming true! I cannot thank Meg Cabot enough for writing The Royal Wedding!
3) Kate Quinn from The Wrong Side of Right– So I just finished this book this past weekend and I ADORED it. It was an excellent standalone but I became so invested in Kate’s life as the illegitimate daughter of a prominent politician that I really want to know what happens to her after becoming a part of her new family!
4) Amy & Nick from Gone Girl– Um, I really want to know what happens to that poor, poor child of theirs. And what twisted turns their marriage has taken since the end of the novel.
5) Nyx from Cruel Beauty– I loved this dark heroine from one of my favorite fairytale retellings ever, and I’d really love to read more about her the end of the dark fairytale. She was so wonderfully flawed and sassy and realistic that I would definitely want to read more about her adventures!
6) Carlisle Cullen from Twilight– For all of its faults, I loved the rich historical back story of the Cullens, and what they choose to pursue with their unlimited lifespan. In particular I’d like to know what amazing sort of medical strides Carlisle has made, and if/how he’s managed to help more vampires get in touch with their humanity.
7) Mara Dyer from The Mara Dyer Trilogy– The last book left SO many things unanswered, and had me doubt everything that I’d read! I really want to find out what happens to her, Noah, Jamie and the rest of the characters who are inflicted/gifted with powers!
8) Allyson & Willem from the Just One Day duology- So the novella Just One Night brought some closure, but after reading about what life-changing journeys the both of them went on after simply meeting, I want to know how actually, finally being together impacts their lives!
9) Grace Brisbane from The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy– The ending lacked so much closure, I was SO MAD when I first read it. Nothing was conclusive, from the state of Grace and Sam’s relationships (wolves vs. humans) to the state of Grace’s future (college?) to the state of her relationship with her parents. I would LOVE an epilogue book, perhaps set a few years in the future!
10) Daemon & Katy from The Lux Series– I know it’s implied that hybrid babies are super dangerous and stuff, but I really want them to make perfect alien babies together.
Who do you want to check in with? Did any of my picks crossover to your lists? Did you go with characters that lacked closure, or ones who you want to see how their families turned out? Link me up to your TTT posts in the comments!