Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly feature hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a freebie, and I decided it was time to introduce all of my book boyfriends on the blog.
Although let’s be real, after reading ACOTAR, this list could just be Tamlin for 1-10.
2) Raffe from Angelfall– Witty banter abounds with Raffe. Coupled with his high ranking angel status and I was sold.
3) Tarver from These Broken Stars– I was astounded by the level of passion and commitment Tarver showed in such bleak circumstances in this novel, and his ability to provide and survive was really appealing. He’s attractive and swoon-worthy, sure, but he’s also resourceful and determined, important traits in a love interest!
4) Rowan from Trial by Fire– I love love love Rowan’s dynamic as a witch’s mechanic. It’s sexy and proves he’s exceptionally intelligent and talented, if bitter and powerful.
5) Daemon from Obsidian (The Lux Series)- I was slow to warm up to Daemon because he was SUCH a jerk initially but I appreciate that I came to grow to love (and swoon over) him. He’s truly willing to burn down the world for those he loves.
6) Ignifex from Cruel Beauty– I love that he hovers on the knife’s edge of being an antagonist, but then certain actions bring him back to the “good” side, if only momentarily. Ignifex accepts flaws and imperfections and embraces the rage and sin of the human condition.
7) Jace from The Mortal Instruments– I’ll always have a soft spot for Jace, as younger me was drawn to his sarcastic dialogue and obvious defense mechanisms (wanting Clary to soothe his angst and all that). I think Jace grows a lot through the course of the series, and I appreciate that, as well as appreciate his ability to always make me laugh.
8) The Darkling from the Grisha trilogy- What can I say? He made the dark side look so enticing.
9) Arin from The Winner’s Curse– I feel like in the first book we got just a taste of Arin’s deeper self beyond the bitterness: intelligent, elegant, and passionate. I can’t wait to read the second book and see more of those traits!
10) Ben from Texas Gothic– One of the few mortals on here (when I like fictional characters, I seem to like them REALLY fictional), Ben’s southern charm caused me to swoon.
Have you swooned over any of these characters? What did you choose for your TTT topic today? Let me know in the comments!