Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Characters Who You Wish Had Their OWN Books!
1) Zuze from the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy– Zuze is so sassy and fantastic and is the human best friend who completely and totally embraces the magical world. I’d love to hear about her future with one foot in each world.
2) Teddy Lupin from Harry Potter– (Beware spoilers if you haven’t finished the series!)He’s basically like Harry 2.0, except his parents death aided in stopping Voldemort and ridding the world of a tyrannical leader. I think it would be so touching to see him and Harry’s relationship as his godfather.
3) Ignifex/Shade from Cruel Beauty– I loved loved loved this book but I’m still confused as to exactly what happened. Seeing the curse and the dual worlds from Ignifex/Shade/the Prince’s perspective would be so fascinating, especially to see a character who’s being was split into two.
4) Charlotte Fairchild from The Infernal Devices– I love Charlotte. She’s a female head of an institute in a time when gender prejudice is high, even among Shadowhunters, and she continually has to fight for members of the Clave to take her seriously, even though she’s more compassionate, intelligent, and shrewd than many of them. She’s like the feminist of the Shadowhunter world and I’d love to read how she dealt with her struggles from her perspective.
5) Raegan from Fangirl– She’s so sassy and she’s the perfect non-conformist-student character that doesn’t feel like a cliché. I’d be interested in her backstory and her strange connection with Levi.
6) The Darkling from the Grisha Trilogy– The Darkling is my favorite favorite favorite character from this series and one of my favorite villains. There were so many plot twists and revelations about his lineage and he really seems like a tortured character with complex motives. Even by the end of the series I feel like only the surface was scratched on his character.
7) Dorota from Gossip Girl- Ok, so Dorota was only a character on the show but she’s a) hilarious and b) knows all the secrets, hence why so many other characters thought she was Gossip Girl herself.
8) Patch/Jev Cipriano from the Hush Hush series- I want Patch’s POV so badly because I want to know what heaven/the angelic order is like in this series. I love this series, but I felt like there was this major component missing of exploring WHAT heaven was like, and what background/memories/experiences fallen angels have.
9) Elise from Dangerous Girls– I don’t want to give away any spoilers, but let’s just say that after reading the ending I really
want need to know what went down between her and the killer in her final moments.
10) Bleecker (Amy & Nick’s Cat) from Gone Girl– Because let’s be honest, that cat is the only one who knows the truth about what went on in this book. (I also loved that he was always present in the movie scenes as well as an adorable orange tabby).
I’d LOVE to read a book from Elise’s point of view. What a great choice! 😀
Thank you! After the ending all I could think about was “How in the world did that confrontation go?!”
I love that you included Bleecker and it’s so true the things that cat must know!
I kept noticing him especially throughout the movie. He’s like an impartial judge and both Nick and Amy gravitate to him while they plot alone in the house!
Yes to Charlotte i adore her! I wanted more more more Lottie scenes! Also, The Darkling. I would love to read his back story. I havent written my post yet but ill probably include Charlotte and Genya from Grisha. I may put a few other Grisha characters on there because I truly enjoyed all three of the male sutors in that series.
Oh my goodness Genya! I can’t believe I didn’t think of her! She’s one of my favorite characters and I loved how she wasn’t the stereotypical “pretty evil” girl.
Hahaha. The cat from Gone Girl! What a great idea 😀
Thanks! 🙂 I kept noticing how he was always present and saw everything!
Teddy would be so awesome, and I’d love to read the stories of the new generation in general!
It would be fantastic, I still get confused though now that they’re all somewhat related!
The only book on your list I’ve actually read is Harry Potter! I do agree that a Lupin book would be awesome! Great list 🙂
Here are my Top Ten!
I hope you get to experience some of the others soon, all of the books have great characters! Thanks for stopping by 🙂
Great list! I love the originality of including a cat on your list! Here’s my TTT. Happy reading!
Thank you! I think pet characters would have some of the best insight into their characters!
Oh. I’ve never read any of those book but they seem great! I guess that means I need to update my library.
HERE’S MY TOP TEN TUESDAY!
NEW FOLLOWER VIA BLOGLOVIN
Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! 🙂
Oh my gosh how did I forget about Teddy Lupin? D: In fact I managed to completely forget about the Next Gen entirely. Oops.
Great list! 🙂
Teddy was probably the character that most intrigued me from the epilogue, since he was born prior to Voldemort’s fall and thus reminds me so much of Harry!
I like how you refer to Teddy as Harry 2.0, I simultaneously want to laugh and cry. But goodness, what I would give for those books…
I know right? I feel like JKR spent so much time into constructing the universe that I really want her to write more within it, there’s still so much more to know about the characters, about how magic works, etc.
Teddy is a perfect choice. I would love to read a book about him. I completely agree about seeing his and Harry’s relationship.
I think it would be really emotional to read but it would also give Harry some closure, being able to fill in for Teddy as a godfather and assume Sirius’ role that way!
I loved both Zuze and Charlotte, I just wasn’t sure if there was enough of their story that wasn’t already told.
Good choice for a Harry Potter sequel character. His mother’s ability would be so fun to play with!
I picked the Darkling too! Nikolai’s my favorite, but I think the Darkling just has more potential for a good story. He’s just such a complex character.
I think Zuze’s story potential lies in the future, what happens post Dreams of Gods and Monsters! And I think reading about Charlotte’s past and upbringing as such a headstrong female Shadowhunter in that time would be fascinating!
I always wondered how much of Tonks’ ability Teddy got! (Like to what extent, if he could completely change his appearance like she could).
I love Nikolai too, but I think the Darkling is more of an enigma, and I still don’t feel like I have a good grasp of his character after the series ended, although I think I understood a lot more about Nikolai’s character after Ruin and Rising.
Ah Zuze would be perfect! I can’t get enough of her.
Here’s my TTT:
I love her! She was my favorite character in the entire series 🙂
It’s been ages since I’ve read the Immortal Devices books (okay, maybe a year), but I still can’t believe I forgot about Charlotte. She would make an EXCELLENT main character!
My list: http://sarahcantstopreading.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-ten-tuesdsay-top-ten-characters-who.html
I would love to revisit the series but I’ve got my hands full with all of the TMI books (not to mention The Bane Chronicles that came out today!) Thanks for stopping by!
I definitely want to know more about Teddy, and his life! If there was a book about him, I’d devour it (though I have read WAYY too many fanfics about him XD)
Raegan all the way 😉
I loved Fangirl and wouldn’t mind finding out more about Reagan. I have Strumhound from The Grisha Trilogy, but I think I would love to find out more about The Darkling, who he was. Great list!
Love your blog. I’m a new bloglovin follower. 🙂
Kay @ It’s a Book Life
Thanks so much for stopping by! I loved Sturmhound as well, but I didn’t have him on my list because I felt like we got to know his character a lot in Ruin and Rising!