Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the fantastic blog The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic was “Top Ten Books I Really Want to Read but don’t Own Yet.” They’re in no particular order!
1) Dangerous Boys– Because Dangerous Girls played with my head and left me a mess and I’m so anxious to fall under Abigail Haas’ spell again!
2) The Winner’s Curse– A gorgeous cover plus good reviews around the blogging sphere have me really curious to check out this fantasy novel.
3) Landline– Rowell has charmed me with her other works so far and I’m interested to see how the “time travel” element plays out in her newest contemporary.
4) Paper Towns– Simply because I need something other than TFIOS to judge John Green by.
5) Eleanor and Park– I cannot believe I haven’t read this yet! Plus I hear it tackles heavier topics like stigmas surrounding interracial relationships and bullying and I’m curious to see how Rowell deals with these issues.
6) A Mad, Wicked Folly– I haven’t read a good historical fiction novel in quite a while and I’ve heard really good things about this one, plus the cover is gorgeous!
7) A Monster Calls– That cover! Plus great reviews all around from bloggers I know, and I’m really curious to see what it’s about!
8) The Retribution of Mara Dyer– I haven’t actually even read the secound book in this series yet (though I own it) but I’m so entranced by this series so far that I know this will be an auto-buy for me!
9) The Truth About Alice- This has been on my TBR list for a LONG time. I really think the topics in this book (harassment, bullying, slut-shaming) are really important and under-addressed in YA, and the shifting perspectives seem like it’s a unique take on the contemporary genre.
10) Dance of the Red Death– I loved the eerie, first novel in this steampunk meets victorian series and I want to find out what happens in this unsettling fantasy world.